* Mattituck Presbyterian Church will offer North Fork Faith Based Health Screenings from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 12. The program is free and will include blood pressure, diabetes, dental and vision screenings. It is open to all, regardless of religious affiliation. Call 298-4145.
* Cornell Cooperative Extension will present a professional development program, Supporting Children’s Healthy Development, at its Riverhead headquarters from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 9. The program will include a discussion of what infants and young children need for optimal intellectual, emotional and social development. Experts will discuss the latest research on language development, emergent literacy and ways to help English language learners. Call 727-7850, ext. 340.
* Audiologist Dr. Barbara Prestano will conduct free hearing tests at Mattituck-Laurel Library between 1 and 3 p.m. Thursday, June 3.
The library will host several other health-related activities. A new eight-week series of Tai Chi practice sessions begins on Thursday, June 3, from 5 to 6 p.m. The fee for the entire program is $25.
Instructor Laurie Short will teach low-impact dance aerobic sessions on Mondays from 9 to 10 a.m. beginning June 7. Music is from the SSRq30s, SSRq40s and SSRq50s. Bring a mat, a pair of three- to five-pound dumbbells and a water bottle. There’s a $30 charge for the six-week program.
A six-week pilates class will begin Wednesday, June 9, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Bring a mat and water. There’s a $45 fee for the program. Call 298-4134.
* Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will hold a CPR certification course from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 9. The fee is $25 and advance registration is necessary.
The library will host a cardio combo program on Thursdays, beginning June 3, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The fee is $20.
A kick boxing program will be offered Mondays, beginning June 7, from 5 to 6 p.m. The fee is $20. Call 734-6360.
* Eastern Long Island Hospital’s Golf Classic at Gardiner’s Bay Country Club on Shelter Island is scheduled for Wednesday, June 9. Lunch gets under way at 11:30 a.m. with tee-off at 1 p.m. The patio grill barbecue will run from 2 to 5 p.m. Cocktails are at 5:30 p.m., followed by a buffet dinner at 6 and the awards ceremony honoring Dr. Frank Adipietro at 7 p.m. Dr. Adipietro is medical staff president, vice chairman of the hospital’s board of trustees and director of the interventional pain management center. Call 477-5164.