‘Los Jovenes de Oaxaca: Photos From the Revolution,’ wall paintings by young Mexicans, documented by Poppy Johnson, are on view for two more weekends at Floyd Memorial Library, where Ms. Johnson is assistant director. Ms. Johnson writes of the protest art, ‘This is politics, deadly serious politics. But it is also art – funny, mysterious and complicated. ‘The exhibit, open during library hours, closes on Aug. 6.
* Sculptor Arden Scott of Greenport is one of several fine artists represented at ‘Espressivo II: An Evening of Music and Art’ to be held at 5 p.m., Saturday, July 31, at the Full Moon Arts Center in East Moriches. Call 631-878-0718 for tickets.
*’Italian Landscapes and Other Works’ by Don Wilson of Southold will be featured at Studio E Gallery in Greenport for the month of August. A reception will be held Saturday, Aug. 7, from 6 to 9 p.m.
* Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Greenport will feature ‘UN-Hampton’s: North Fork Edition,’ part of the annual Outsider Art Show, from Aug. 1 through Sept. 26. A reception will be held Saturday, Aug. 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. Local artists include Janis Garramone of Greenport, Bella Christ of Mattituck, Garance of New Suffolk and Harald Olson of Shelter Island.
* ‘Before and After,’ paintings by Nella Khanis, will be on display at Mattituck-Laurel Library for the month of August with an artist’s reception Saturday, Aug. 7 from 3 to 5 p.m. Raffle tickets for a painting by Ms. Khanis will be available at the circulation desk with the drawing to be held Aug. 31.
* ‘Wrack Line’ at South Street Gallery in Greenport has been extended to run through Aug. 16, with a closing-night party from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* ‘Remediate/Re-vision: Public Artists Engaging the Environment,’ features work by Lillian Ball of Southold, which open with a reception Sunday, Aug. 1, from 1 to 4 p.m. and runs through Nov. 28 at Glyndor Gallery in the Bronx.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.