* The New York Blood Center — serving people on Long Island and in New York City, the Hudson Valley and New Jersey — has issued a call for O-negative and B-negative blood. All donors are welcome, but those two blood types are needed immediately. O negative donors are universal donors whose blood can be transfused to people with any blood type. To find a blood center near you, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit nybloodcenter.org.
* San Simeon by the Sound will hold an educational seminar on Medicaid and long-term health insurance at its Greenport headquarters on Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 6:30 p.m. in the adult day health care center. Call 477-2110.
* Eastern Long Island Hospital’s Dream Green Extravaganza continues through Sunday, Sept. 26, when one lucky person will win $50,000 and others will take home smaller cash prizes. Tickets are $100 and are available at the hospital’s gift shop or by calling 477-5463. The winners will be selected at the Greenport Maritime Festival at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 26.
* Learn how to slow the progression of osteoporosis at a seminar with physician assistant Louise Cardellina at Mattituck-Laurel Library on Wednesday, Sept. 22, 7-8 p.m.
Free health insurance counseling is available at the library on an individual and confidential basis on Tuesday, Sept. 21, 1:30-3 p.m. Call 298-4134.
* Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will host yoga with Rosemary, a 10-week series on Thursdays, beginning Sept. 23 and continuing through Dec. 9. No class on Nov. 11 or 25. The $60 fee is payable at the first session. Call 734-6360.
* RenÃ e Genova of Miller Place has joined the staff of San Simeon by the Sound Adult Day Care, working with recreation director Margaret DeVito to provide service to day care clients. Ms. Genova has a bachelor’s degree from Dowling College and is pursuing a master’s in special education at Touro College.