• Dr. Barbara Prestano of Peconic Ear, Nose, Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery, will speak about Improving Your Quality of Life Through Better Hearing at Peconic Landing’s Brecknock Hall on Wednesday, April 13, at 2 p.m. She will explain how the ears work, what happens when you have hearing loss and why it’s important to seek help sooner rather than later. Call 477-3800.
• Suffolk County’s Department of Health Services Learn to Be Tobacco Free Program will be offered by public health educator Janis Hurley at Eastern Long Island Hospital’s conference room in Greenport, 6-7 p.m. beginning Monday, April 18, and running for six successive Mondays through May 23 with a reunion class slated for Monday, June 13. Classes are at 6 p.m. Call 477-5121.
• Dr. B. Hannah Ortiz, director of gynecologic oncology for the East End Health Alliance, and Linda John, founder and CEO of Corporate Family Network serving cancer survivors and advocates, will speak at an Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day program at East Wind Inn & Spa in Wading River on Saturday, April 9, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The program is being sponsored by The SASS Foundation for Medical Research, a nonprofit organization committed to education, research, and education in various hematological and malignant diseases. Call 516-365-7277.
• Southold Free Library will host an eight-week program of T’ai Chi practice sessions on Wednesdays, beginning April 13, at 6:30 p.m. There’s a $30 fee for series.
• Shelley Scoggin of The Market in Greenport will teach a program about health benefits of various grains and demonstrate how to incorporate them into your diet, Wednesday, April 13, 6:30 p.m. at Mattituck-Laurel Library. There’s a $5 fee. Call 298-4134.
• Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will host a yoga series with Rosemary on Thursdays at 6 p.m., beginning today, April 7, and running through June 16, with no class on April 21. The fee for the series is $60. Call 734-6360.
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.