A Greenport man was arrested early Saturday morning after he allegedly pushed a 70-year-old housemate while they were at their Main Street, Greenport residence, according to police reports. Angel Cordes, 49, was charged with harassment in the second degree after the victim reported the incident to police just before 2:30 a.m. Mr. Cordes was taken to headquarters and held for arraignment.
• Ramon A. Lantigua, 21, of Port Jefferson, was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, after he was stopped for a traffic violation and found to have a suspended license, according to police. Mr. Lantigua was released on $100 bail.
• George Dakis, 48, of Manorville was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle at 9:20 a.m. on Friday, after he was stopped for a traffic violation on Route 25 in Cutchogue and was found to have a suspended license, according to police reports. Mr. Dakis was released on bail.
• Maria Allas, 29, was taken to ELIH by the Southold Fire Department Rescue Squad on the morning of March 29 after the car she was driving swerved to avoid hitting another vehicle making a left-hand turn from Route 25 onto a side street, according to reports. Police said that Ms. Allas’ car struck a fence and two trees.
• Jeanne Caufield, 53, was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center after her 2001 Audi hit a telephone pole on Youngs Avenue just after 6 p.m. on April 1, police said. Ms. Caufield’s car overturned and then came to rest upright. Ms. Caufield was later charged with DWI, according to police.
• A Peconic Bay Boulevard, Laurel resident reported that a Winchester rifle and a Remington 12-gauge shotgun were taken from a locked camper on his property sometime between Feb. 23 and March 30.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.