• Neefus-Stype Insurance is sponsoring a blood drive at its office at 711 Union Ave., Aquebogue, on Tuesday, July 26, 1-7 p.m. Donors will receive a certificate for a free movie. No appointment necessary. For information, call 722-3500 ext. 205.
• Cutchogue New Suffolk Library will host an arthritis program with speakers Mark Gugliotti and Nancy Simington on Monday, July 25, at 2 p.m.
The library will also host Zumba lessons on Wednesdays, at 6:30 p.m., beginning July 27 and continuing through Oct. 5, with no class Aug. 17. The fee is $60 for 10 classes. Call 734-6360 to register for each program.
• Mattituck-Laurel Library will host a program, Good Carbs/Bad Carbs with registered physician’s assistant Louise Cardellina on Thursday, July 21, at 7 p.m. Ms. Cardellina will discuss carbohydrates, complex and refined starches, fiber, the glycemic index, blood sugar and how what you eat affects your body. Free, no registration required. For information, call 298-4134.
• Cornell Cooperative Extension’s summer nutrition series will include a session on preparing your own baby food at the CCE Center at 423 Griffing Ave., Riverhead, Thursday, July 21, 1-3 p.m. The program will be repeated on Aug. 11 and Sept. 8. There’s a $5 fee. Call 727-7850 ext. 333.
• Eastern Long Island Hospital has launched its Dream Green Extravaganza that runs to Sunday, Sept. 25, when winners will be announced at the Greenport Maritime Festival. Tickets are $100 each and there are 65 cash prizes, with A grand prize of $50,000. Call 477-5463.
The ELIH Auxiliary is hosting its Dream Designs Boutique Sale Thursday, July 21, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The sale includes fashion accessories such as jewelry, handbags and clothing. Call 477-5196.
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.