Memorial Day parades and ceremonies to honor fallen soldiers will be held on the North Fork throughout the day Monday:
• Orient’s parade starts at 7:30 a.m. at the Main Road firehouse, and travels down Tabor Road to Orchard Street, Navy Street and Village Lane before returning to the firehouse.
• Greenport Village’s dockside ceremony begins at 8 a.m., rain or shine. An honor guard, village officials and scouts will march from Adams Street to the railroad dock. Refreshments will follow at the Third Street firehouse.
• Mattituck’s veterans will host an 8 a.m. ceremony and parade, starting at the American Legion Hall at Pike Street and Wickham Avenue.
• Southold Town’s official parade will begin at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Route 25 and Boisseau Avenue in Southold. It will proceed down Route 25 to the Southold American Legion Hall. A ceremony will be held at the hall at the conclusion of the parade and refreshments will be served.
• Riverhead’s annual combined veterans parade begins at the corner of Pulaski Street and Osborne Avenue at 10 a.m. It will proceed down Main Street and return to its starting location for a ceremony at the World War II memorial in front of Pulaski Street School at 11 a.m.
• Congressman Tim Bishop and disabled veteran Dennis Krulder will be the guest speakers at Calverton National Cemetery’s service. It will be held at 1 p.m. in the assembly area at the cemetery.