Police are looking for the burglar who took a flat-screen TV and a 12-pack of beer from a Cutchogue residence between July 9 and July 13.
The resident reported that someone entered the house through a basement window by cutting and prying open the screen with a grass edger.
• Jason T. Doucett, 25, of Greenport was arrested for DWI early Sunday morning in Greenport following a traffic accident, police said. The accident took place at the intersection of Main and North streets in Greenport at 3:28 a.m., said police. Mr. Doucett was held pending arraignment.
• Police are looking for whoever took an inflatable boat in Southold between Friday, July 6, and Saturday, July 7. A Southold man reported that between Friday night and noon Saturday, a 2001 gray Quicksilver inflatable with 2.5 HP Mercury outboard motor, valued at $3,000, was stolen from a boat slip behind his residence.
• A shotgun was taken from a vehicle parked on a Greenport resident’s property on Sunday, July 8, police said. The Benilli USA 12- gauge shotgun was in a white Ford pickup.
• A Southold man reported the theft of a surveillance camera set up by Southold Town on Soundview Avenue between June 28 and July 11. The Bushnell camera, valued at $200, was intended to catch people destroying property at the wooded site, according to the report.
• A Greenport teen reported the theft of his Boost mobile phone from a village business on the evening of Sunday, July 8, Southold Town police said.
• A Verizon cellphone was stolen from a Peconic resident on Saturday evening, July 7, Southold Town police said. A Peconic man reported to police that while he was in the shower, he saw a former employee of his standing in his backyard near the cellphone. The man said the employee was there to collect money for previous landscaping work and he didn’t see the cellphone taken.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.