A pair of DWI checkpoints in Southold Town led to the arrests of six drivers in the overnight hours Saturday night and Sunday morning, town police said.
The checkpoints were set up in cooperation with the East End Stop DWI Task Force.
Police said Sunday that the following six people were arrested:
• Santos Ruiz, 36, of Peconic was cited for DWI, consuming alcohol in a motor vehicle, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and moving from a lane unsafely.
• Ricardo Ramos-Hernandez, 32, of Greenport was cited for DWI, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, uninsured operation of a motor vehicle and operating a vehicle with an expired registration.
• James Tozar, 70, of Mattituck was charged with DWI.
• Gabriella Garren, 22, of East Marion was cited for aggravated DWI and inadequate lights on a motor vehicle.
• Zachary Savona, 29, of Stamford, Conn. was charged with DWI.
• Donna Johnson, 34, of Patchogue was charged with DWI.