Seven people were arrested on drunken driving and marijuana-related charges at four sobriety checkpoints set up in Riverhead Town Saturday night into Sunday, according to a Riverhead Town police press release.
The checkpoints were run between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Sound Avenue near West Lane, East Main Street near Howell Avenue, Cross River Drive near Hubbard Avenue and Peconic Avenue near East Main Street.
Riverhead Town police were assisted by members of the district attorney’s East End DWI Task Force and law enforcement officers from the State Police Department, Suffolk County Police Department, Southold Police Department and Shelter Island Police Department, officials said.
The following people were arrested:
• Jose Alvarado-Ortega, 35, of Southold for DWI
• Kyle Koroleski, 17, of Riverhead for DWI and marijuana possession
• Erick Lopez, 29, of Riverhead for aggravated DWI
• Juan Leon-Gonzalez, 25, of Riverside for DWI
• Maximino Miranda-Muniz, 27, of Eastport for DWI
• Anastasios Mastorakis, 37, of Astoria for DWI
• Kathryn O’Brien, 18, of Pleasantville for DWI
Police said they anticipated running more checkpoints in 2014.