Sarah Conlin of Cutchogue was commissioned as an ensign in the U.S. Navy on May 17 and will train as a pilot at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla. Participating in Sarah’s pinning ceremony was her brother Stephen Conlin, who himself had just earned the rank of lieutenant junior grade at Naval Air Station Lemoore, Calif. The Mattituck High School alumni both also graduated from Worcester (Mass.) Polytechnic Institute, Sarah in 2014 and Stephen in 2012.
• Caty Austin of Laurel has graduated summa cum laude from Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania, earning a degree in chemistry with a biochemistry concentration and a minor in biology.
• Darrin Standish, son of Jeffery and Lauren Standish of Southold, has graduated summa cum laude from Southern New Hampshire University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.
• Kevin Reyer of Laurel was named to the spring dean’s list at Worcester (Mass.) Polytechnic Institute, where he is a junior biomedical engineering major.
• Victoria Gehring of New Suffolk has graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in sport and exercise science from DeSales University in Center Valley, Pa.
• Sisters and Mattituck High School alumnae Angela and Claire Smith have both earned degrees this spring. Angela has been awarded a Master of Arts in political communication from American University in Washington, D.C. Claire has earned a Bachelor of Science in business management from SUNY/ Stony Brook, graduating magna cum laude with departmental honors. She is currently working for the American Cancer Society.
• Matthew Flotteron of Cutchogue and Zachary Palladino of Mattituck have earned Bachelor of Science degrees from the University of Vermont. Matthew’s degree is in business administration, from the School of Business Administration, and Zachary’s is in parks, recreation and tourism, from the Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources.
• Catherine Bosco of Southold graduated from Farmingdale State College May 15 as a registered nurse.
• Morgan Wilsberg of Mattituck has been inducted into the Lambda Xi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa honor society at Morrisville State College, part of the SUNY system. Phi Theta Kappa is the largest honor society in American higher education.
• Timothy Winters of Southold has graduated with distinction from SUNY/Maritime College, in Throggs Neck, with a Bachelor of Science in marine transportation and a U.S. Coast Guard third mate’s unlimited tonnage license. Also commissioned as an ensign in the U.S. Navy, Timothy has accepted a civilian job as a strategic sealift offi cer with Military Sealift Command.