• A Greenport Gallery Walk will be held Saturday, May 30, from 2 to 6 p.m. in downtown Greenport Village.
Participating venues are Cindy Pease Roe Studio, Hector deCordova Studio, Nova Constellatio Gallery, South Street Gallery & Framers, The Sirens’ Song Gallery and the gallery at Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. Other stops, where art can be viewed or bought, include Fiedler Gallery, Floyd Memorial Library’s downstairs gallery, Gallery M and the Weathered Barn.
A second gallery walk is planned for July 4. The walks are sponsored by the Greenport Business Improvement District. Call 477-1021.
That same day, May 30, an unveiling and opening ceremony for “A Port of Views,” an installation by Flanders artist Andrea Cote, will be held at 5 p.m. at the Greenport Harbor Marina on Front Street. Ms. Cote’s multimedia project focuses on the eyes and stories of Greenport families who have lived in the village for several generations, using photography, silkscreens and sculpture. A related video can be seen between 2 and 5 p.m. at the Little Red Schoolhouse on Front Street. The installation will be on view through Sept. 27.
• Another exhibit opens in Greenport Saturday, May 30, when ‘Vitamin Sea’ debuts at The Sirens’ Song Gallery. “Maritime themes in fact and fantasy” will be depicted by Andrea Cote, Caroline Waloski, JoAnn Dumas, Anneli Arms, Isabelle Osinski, Nancy Muller and others, according to a press release.
A reception will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. May 30.
• Work by abstract expressionist Caitlyn Shea of Melville will be on view June 4 to July 24 at Riverhead Free Library’s Elizabeth Overton Gallery. Ms. Shea works in acrylics, spray paint and charcoal to “conjure up the sublime as well as the macabre in the life of her subjects,” which take human and animal form, according to a release.
An artist’s reception and talk are set for 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, June 5.
A mural by Ms. Shea that was part of East End Arts’ 2014 JumpstART project can be seen in downtown Riverhead.
• “Coastal Visions,” large oil paintings on linen by Carol Gold, is the June art show at Mattituck-Laurel Library. A press release says, “Carol’s show will feature her continued visual dialogue with Northern and Southern seascapes and landscapes.”
A reception will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, June 14.
Marble carvings by Gary Crowther will be shown in the downstairs gallery’s display case through June.
• The East End Photographers Group will hold a spring exhibition from May 30 to June 7 at Ashawagh Hall in East Hampton. And opening reception is set for Saturday, May 30, from 5 to 9 p.m.; the exhibit will close with a reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 7.
The guest curator is Marilyn Stevenson. Participating photographers are Virginia Aschmoneit, Ann Brandais, Zintis Buzermanis, Paul Dempsey, Michele Dragonetti, Rich Faron, Alex Ferrone, Scott Farrel, Ray Germann, Janet Glazer, Gerry Giliberti, Pamela Greinke, Virginia Khuri, Joel Lefkowitz, Jacques Le Blanc, Jonathan Lipkin, Anthony Lombardo, George Mallis, Patricia Martinez, Joanna McCarthy, Guy Pierno, Jim Sabiston, Joan Santos, Dainis Saulitis, Steve Schreiber, Rosa Hanna Scott, Jim Slezak, Marilyn Stevenson, Jarret Stretch, Peter Tooker, Nick Tarr, Claudia Ward, Alan Weinschel and Bob Wilson.
To send arts news, email l[email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.