• During the Taste North Fork event Saturday (Nov. 14), Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery in Cutchogue will host free mini gallery talks from 1 to 3 p.m. The featured photographers are Karen Bell (“Capturing Small Moments &
Curiosities”), Susan Dooley (“Photojournalism and the Globetrotting Exhibit”) and Patricia Beary (“iPhone Photography Techniques”).
• Work by North Fork artist and sculptor Margaret Knowlden is on view through December at Southold Free Library. The exhibit includes works in acrylic, oil, pastel and watercolor.
• ‘An Evening of Love,’ a variety show that will raise funds for the Riverhead high school and middle school Gay-Straight Alliance, will take place at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 13, at the Jamesport Meeting House.
The show will feature actors, writers, storytellers and musicians, all of whom will express how love moves them. The evening will include a reception and chinese auction.
Tickets are $15 at whatsup-love.com.
• A reception for artists Scott McIntire of Greenport and Madeline Daversa of Garden City will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22, at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. Their work is on display through Feb. 3. The exhibit is co-sponsored by East End Arts.
• Scott McIntire’s photography exhibit “Backyard Project 2013” has been extended through the end of November at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. The show chronicles the mammals, birds and insects Mr. McIntire observed on his quarter-acre property in Greenport.
The artist will give a screen presentation and talk at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times Review News Group, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952, ATTN: Lauren Sisson.