A Southold man was among nine men arrested late Friday and early Saturday in connection with an undercover prostitution sting conducted around the Riverside traffic circle by the Southampton Town Police Department, according to a police news release.
Seven of the men were accused of offering an undercover police officer, who posed as a prostitute, a fee in exchange for “sexual conduct,” police said. The sting was in response to complaints from community members and local business owners over visible prostitution in the area.
The other two arrests were for violating an open container law and possession of marijuana.
Charged with third-degree patronizing a prostitute were:
• Steven Stoeckert, 40, of Southold, who was also charged with resisting arrest.
• Felton Robinson, 55, of Islip.
• Ivan Pacheco, 33, of Hampton Bays.
• Hector Porifirio, 55, of Riverhead.
• Calvin Brown, 34, of Brentwood.
• Earl Baxter, 61, of Southampton.
• Carlos Palacios, 27, of Flanders.
Each of the men posted bail and is due back in Southampton Justice Court later this month, according to police.