Featured Story
10/31/18 5:55am
10/31/2018 5:55 AM

Suffolk County Route 48, commonly known as the North Road, was added to the county road system in 1930. The artery, which runs from Sound Avenue in Mattituck to Route 25 in Greenport, was originally called CR 27. It was renumbered in 1988 to avoid confusion with NY Route 27, which runs along the south shore Long Island. 

The differences in names took on a new wrinkle this summer when signs started to appear calling it Middle Road. READ