Family members and members of the Cutchogue Fire Department gathered Thursday evening to honor the memories of department members Jason Cooper and Andrew McCaffery, both of whom died last year. Mr. Cooper was 47, and Mr. McCaffery was 41. (more…)
Update (11:50 a.m.): First responders say a 58-year-old Babylon woman who was impaled on a mushroom mooring anchor in the Peconic Bay off Nassau Point in Cutchogue Tuesday is expected to make a full recovery.
The woman was injured when she fell off her paddleboard and became impaled on the mooring anchor that was submerged beneath the water’s surface approximately 50 feet from shore, according to Southold Town police, which responded to the distress call around 6:50 p.m. READ
A huge crowd turned out for the 62nd annual Cutchogue Fire Department chicken barbecue Saturday.
More than 3,000 chickens were grilled on long pits and served by volunteers at the New Suffolk Avenue grounds.
The event serves as a fundraiser for the department.
Photographer Elizabeth Wagner captured the event in these photos.
Six members of the Cutchogue Fire Department Fire Police Squad were honored for their continued service to the department and the community at United Fire Company No. 1’s June meeting. READ
On Saturday, Dec. 1, 1979, Allan Glover was working in a potato barn in Mattituck when his former wife, Nancy, came to find him. He could see something was very wrong. (more…)
The Mattituck Fire Department responded to a working house fire on Westview Drive in Mattituck at 3:22 p.m. after a neighbor noticed smoke billowing out of the home, according to First Assistant Chief Ted Webb. READ
Hello, my name is Kenny Burns. I’m with the Cutchogue Fire Department. This is my second year as captain. It’s my 11th year as a member and, because of being a volunteer, I actually do this now for a living. I work as a paid first responder for Amagansett and Bridgehampton. READ
On a bitter cold evening, a couple was enjoying the warmth of their fireplace at their Harvest Lane home on the first night of the new year when the alarm company called; the smoke detector in the basement was going off. Matthew Simone told them everything was fine at first, but when he opened the door to the basement he found smoke, his partner, Pamela Watson recalled. READ
Under clear skies and sunshine Saturday afternoon, another huge crowd turned out for the 61st annual Cutchogue Fire Department chicken barbecue. READ