The National Weather Service has issued a Blizzard Watch and predicts 12 to 18 inches of snow will accumulate between Monday night and Tuesday night.
Here are some photos taken earlier Thursday. Share your winter storm photos by emailing them to [email protected].
The National Weather Service’s latest blizzard warning for Suffolk County predicts 12 to 16 inches of snow Thursday.
The following is a list of event postponements and office closures. Email [email protected] to report a closure and check back for updates.
While the low-pressure system that brought 10 inches or more of snow to the North Fork has departed, temperatures are expected to remain below freezing for another two days. READ
Updates on school closings, delayed openings, early dismissals and event cancellations:
- Thursday’s Greenport Village Planning Board meeting has been postponed until next Thursday, March 12 at 5 p.m. Village Hall is open until 5 p.m. Thursday for voter registration day.
- All Southold Town offices are closing at 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Town meetings and activities are also cancelled. All Zoning Board of Appeals public hearings scheduled Thursday will be moved to a later date.
- Southold School District is closed Thursday.
- Greenport Union Free School District is closed Thursday. All before and after school activities, including the “Once Upon a Mattress” performance, are also canceled.
- Oysterponds School District is closed Thursday.
- Mattituck-Cutchogue School District is closed Thursday.
- New Suffolk School District is closed Thursday.
- Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School is closed Thursday.
- Suffolk County Community College classes will resume at noon on Thursday.
Check back with suffolktimes.com for up-to-date weather details.
Up to 7 inches of snow is expected overnight Wednesday into Thursday night. (Credit: Katharine Schroeder)
By the time this next round of winter weather moves out late Thursday, the East End can expect to see up to 7 more inches of snow on the ground, according to the National Weather Service.