* A grant from the New York State Council on the Arts, East End Arts Council in Riverhead is able to offer free West African Hand Drumming classes to children between the ages of 9 and 18. Beginning May 5, classes will be held Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. and will continue through June 23. Call 631-369-2171.
* ‘From the Real to the Surreal,’ watercolors by Linda Nemeth, will be on display at Mattituck-Laurel Library during the month of May. A reception will be held Sunday, May 2, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
In addition, a print of Ms. Nemeth’s work will be raffled off May 30, with proceeds benefiting library programs. Tickets are available at the circulation desk.
* Glenn and Beth Jochum will perform at Castello di Borghese Vineyard and Winery Saturday, May 1, from 2 to 4 p.m. The brother and sister duo will perform original songs spanning four decades. Call 631-734-5111.
* South Street Gallery in Greenport is offering a weekly life drawing class, Tuesdays from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Cost is $20 per session, or $120 for ten consecutive sessions. Call 631-477-0021.
* Acrylics and watercolors by Southold resident Lee Olstad Cleary will be on display at Peconic Bay Winery in Cutchogue from May 1 through June 1. A reception will be held Sunday, May 2, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* A retrospective of Greenport artist Janis Garramone’s work will be featured at C2 Fine Art Gallery in Patchogue for the month of May. An opening reception will be held Saturday, May 1, from 4 to 9 p.m.
To send arts news, e-mail email@example.com, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.