* Jamesport Allstate agency owner Heywood Orenstein has earned the President’s Conference Award for achieving high standards in customer satisfaction, customer retention and profitable business growth, according to a press release.
* Eastern Suffolk BOCES will host a job fair Thursday, April 29, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Suffolk County Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center in Riverhead. Call 631-244-4283.
* East End Women’s Network’s monthly dinner meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 28, at Jamesport Manor Inn. Guest speaker Barbara Walters, president of HR Advantage, will discuss “NegoSHEating for a Win-Win.” Cost is $35 for members and $40 for non-members. RSVP, eewn.org.
* Suffolk Bancorp, the parent company of Suffolk County National Bank, released the results of its operations for the first quarter 2010. Earnings-per-share were 54 cents, a decrease of 8.5 percent from first quarter 2009. Net income was $5.2 billion, down 8 percent from the same quarter last year.
“The ills affecting Wall Street last year have clearly trickled down to Main Street this year,” said president and chief executive officer J. Gordon Huszagh. “As a community bank whose most successful officers are located in communities that have a clearly defined Main Street, we have certainly felt this in a number of ways, although our performance is still far better than many of our peers.”
* Bridgehampton National Bank will host a business card exchange and networking night Wednesday, April 28, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at its Cutchogue branch. Guests are encouraged to bring a friend and a stack of business cards.
* North Fork Chamber of Commerce’s next dinner meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, April 26, at Soundview Restaurant in Greenport. Cost is $28 for members and $35 for non-members. Call 631-765-3161.
* Brown Harris Stevens has announced two additions to its staff. Aspasia Comnas has been named executive managing director and Ed Reale has been appointed senior managing director, both for the nine East End offices. Both previously worked for Sotheby’s International Realty.