* Free North Fork faith-based health screenings will be offered by volunteer medical staff at Mattituck Presbyterian Church on Saturday, April 17, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Screenings include blood pressure, diabetes and dental and vision examinations. Patients can ask questions about specific health concerns and will receive general health and wellness information. No appointment or insurance is necessary and you don’t have to be a church member to receive services. Call 298-4145.
* La Leche League meets at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport on Thursday, April 15, at 10:30 a.m. The program assists pregnant women and new mothers in dealing with breast feeding and offers general baby care information. Call Liz at 477-5914.
* Dr. David Kreitzman, director of the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Center of Long Island and an assistant neurology professor at Stony Brook University, will share the latest in wellness approaches, pharmacotherapy, ongoing research and surgical options in a talk at Peconic Landing at 2 p.m. Friday, April 9.
* Climb aboard the Tall Ship HMS Bounty in Greenport Harbor for a fundraising cocktail reception hosted by TWIGS, a division of the Eastern Long Island Hospital Auxiliary, on Saturday, April 17, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $50; all proceeds benefit ELIH.
* Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library offerings: Yoga with Rosemary on Thursdays for 10 weeks starting April 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m. There’s a $60 fee for the course.
The ABCDs of Medicare at 2 p.m. Monday, April 12.
Pilates with Michelle for 10 weeks starting Monday, April 12, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. There’s a $60 fee for the program. Call 734-6360.
* Mattituck-Laurel Library offerings: Instructor Laurie Short will teach low-impact dance aerobics classes to help people improve heart/lung function, balance and coordination. Classes continue through May 24 from 9 to 10 a.m. The program fee will be prorated for remaining sessions. Bring a mat, a pair of three- to five-pound dumbbells and a water bottle.
On Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., T’ai Chi classes will be held. The fee will be prorated for remaining sessions.
T’ai Chi practice sessions will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays through May 25 or at 5:30 p.m. Thursday evenings from April 8 through May 27.
Chair aerobics classes continue on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. through May 5.
Pilates classes continue through April 21 on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Bring a mat and water. The fee will be prorated for the remaining classes.
Yoga instruction is slated on Tuesdays at 5 p.m. through May 18.
Call 298-4134 for program details.
* Peconic Landing’s employee of the month for April is certified nurses aide Laurence Corey. He has worked for the life-care community for almost five years and never misses a shift, working nights to assure residents have the same quality of care they received during daytime hours, said Greg Garrett, vice president for health services. He also picks up shifts for others and on one icy night, he was the lone nurse’s aide on duty working with the nursing staff. He maintains a personal relationship with the residents and always renders personal care, Mr. Garrett said.