* A blood drive will be held Friday, May 28, from 2:30 to 7:45 p.m. at the Southold Town Recreation Center on Peconic Lane. Donors must be between the ages of 17 and 76, in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. A photo or signature ID and your Social Security number will be required for donation. Call Louise Egert at 477-1273.
* As part of Older Americans Month, a Senior Health and Wellness Fair will be held Wednesday, May 26, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Southold Town Human Resources Center in Mattituck.
On Tuesday, May 25, from 11 a.m. to noon, Eastern Long Island Hospital pharmacist Ray Krupski will speak about safe medication use at the human resources center. Call 298-4460.
* Kevin Fieldman of Shirley has been named Eastern Long Island Hospital’s Employee of the Month for April. Mr. Fieldman is a support analyst with the hospital’s health information technology team. He has worked at ELIH since 2007.
“With the expansion of the hospital computer system that interfaces with all levels of clinical care, Kevin’s technical skills are a valuable asset,” said hospital president and CEO Paul Connor III.
* A CPR certification course will be offered at Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 25. The fee is $25. Call 734-6360.
* Mattituck-Laurel Library will host a 10-week yoga course beginning Tuesday, May 25, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Bring a yoga mat or towel. The fee is $60 for all 10 sessions. Call 298-4134.
* Psychotherapist Marc Strauss has been recertified as a diplomate in clinical social work, a credential for advanced clinical social workers. He has maintained a practice in Greenport since 1983.