A Greenport man left the scene of a motor vehicle accident after his van struck a pedestrian and another vehicle Saturday night in the parking lot of the Greenport 7-Eleven, Southold Town police reported.
Christopher Tabor, 22, told police he thought the 1998 GMC van he was driving had been in reverse when it lurched forward and hit Tommy Finne, 20, of Greenport at 10:14 p.m., police said. The van also struck a vehicle owned by Erick Secaida, 18, of Cutchogue, police said.
Mr. Finne was taken to Eastern Long Island Hospital for treatment of leg and hand injuries, police said.
Mr. Tabor told police he had left the scene because Mr. Finne’s friends were “after him,” police reported. He was issued a summons for leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident with property damage.
Mr. Secaida told police that he felt Mr. Tabor had intentionally struck his vehicle and Mr. Finne because Mr. Finne and Mr. Tabor had been arguing before the accident.
* Ronald Rodriguez, 29, of Flanders was charged with driving while intoxicated and second-degree criminal impersonation on Tuesday at 5:08 p.m., police said, after he was stopped for driving in an erratic manner on Route 25 in Cutchogue. Mr. Rodriguez gave his brother’s name after officers found him to be intoxicated, they said.
* Julio Miguel-Paz, 23, of Cutchogue was charged with felony aggravated DWI and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle on Sunday at 4:21 p.m., after police stopped him for a traffic violation as he drove a 1996 Volkswagen on Route 48 in Southold, police said.
* Gregory Savage, 18, of Southold was charged with DWI and failing to maintain his lane on Saturday at 1:49 a.m., after police saw him crossing over the double yellow line and then crossing over the solid white line onto the shoulder of Route 25 in Mattituck, police said.
* Guy Kaldis, 62, of Water Mill was driving a 2003 Pontiac east on Route 48 in Southold last Wednesday at 6:06 p.m. when he sped through a red light and struck a trailer being towed by a Chevy pickup truck driven by Jonathon Stein, 24, of Mattituck, police said. Mr. Stein was making a left-hand turn onto Route 48 from Peconic Lane when the accident occurred, police said. Mr. Kaldis was taken by members of the Southold Fire Department to Eastern Long Island Hospital for evaluation, police said. Cutchogue Fire Department assisted at the scene, police said.
* Leonel Santos, 34, of Greenport was driving a 1999 Mitsubishi last Wednesday at 5:55 p.m. on Route 25 in Southold when he fell asleep, crossed over the double yellow line of the roadway and struck a 1996 Jeep driven by Doris Stauffer, 62, of Cutchogue, police said. Both drivers and a 26-year-old passenger were taken to Eastern Long Island Hospital for evaluation, police said.
* Kacey Meguin, 17, of Southold was driving a 2002 Volvo east on Route 25 in Greenport last Sunday at 7:37 p.m., when she took her eyes off the road to adjust the radio and struck a 2002 Toyota driven by Nancy Marshall, 39, of Greenport, police said. Ms. Marshall was stopped in the roadway to make a left-hand turn onto Brecknock Road, police said. The collision caused Ms. Marshall’s vehicle to cross into oncoming traffic and hit a 2008 Toyota driven by William Desantis, 56, of North Attleborough, Mass. Ms. Meguin was taken to Eastern Long Island Hospital for evaluation, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.