* ‘Wrack Line,’ a series of 365 small acrylic works on paper by Megan Barron will be on display at South Street Gallery in Greenport beginning with an opening reception Saturday, June 26, from 6 to 8 p.m. and will run through July 19. The works depict objects washed up on the beach, which Ms. Barron “has been painting, one a day, for the past year,” according to a press release.
* Two local artists received Strategic Opportunity Stipend grants from the NYFA toward career-enhancing projects. JoAnne Dumas and Pat Patterson Hauck, both of Wading River, will use the grant for “framing materials to exhibit their first semi-solo invitational photography exhibits at the Rosalie Dimon Gallery.”
* Works by Linda Nemeth of Calverton will be exhibited at Flowers at the Greenery in Westhampton Beach through July 11.
* The East End Arts Council/Peconic Landing Alliance will offer summer arts, theatre, music and dance classes at Brecknock Hall in Greenport with sessions beginning July 8 and running through the end of August.
Classes include Drawing for Beginners, Animation Jam Session, Drawing Fun, Anime/Manga Cartooning, Breakneck Broadway and An Evening of Ballroom. Prices vary depending on the class. Call 631-727-0900.
* Vail-Leavitt Music Hall in Riverhead will present ‘Taste of Blues II’ Friday, June 25, from 7 to 10 p.m. with The Sunnyland Jazz Band with special guests. Tickets are $20. Call 631-727-5782.
* The Peconic Bay Chapter of the Embroiderers’ Guild of America will display some of their work in the windows of Southold Pharmacy from June 29 through July 20.
* Artwork by local artist, Henry Stasiukiewicz, will be on display in the mezzanine at Cutchouge-New Suffolk Free Library through the end of June.
* Works by Marcie Honerkamp will be displayed at the Local Artists Summer Series at Town and Country Real Estate in Southold Friday, June 25, from 4 to 7 p.m.
To send arts news, e-mail ahass[email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.