News

Braun Oyster building catches fire

COURTESY PHOTO
Firemen extinguish the blaze at the Braun Oyster Company building Saturday night.

About 50 firefighters responded to a smoldering fire at the Braun Oyster Company building in Cutchogue Saturday night, according to the Cutchogue Fire Department.
The fire, isolated in an interior wall, was reported shortly after 8 p.m. and was quickly extinguished.
Cutchogue Fire Chief Andrew McCaffery said there were no injuries reported and no significant damage caused to the interior of the building in an e-mailed press advisory Saturday.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
The Braun Oyster Company was open for business at its normal time Sunday.

(function(){ var s = document.createElement('script'), e = ! document.body ? document.querySelector('head') : document.body; s.src = 'https://acsbapp.com/apps/app/dist/js/app.js'; s.async = true; s.onload = function(){ acsbJS.init({ statementLink : '', footerHtml : 'Web Accessibility Solution by The Suffolk Times', hideMobile : false, hideTrigger : false, language : 'en', position : 'left', leadColor : '#146ff8', triggerColor : '#146ff8', triggerRadius : '50%', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerIcon : 'people', triggerSize : 'medium', triggerOffsetX : 20, triggerOffsetY : 20, mobile : { triggerSize : 'small', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerOffsetX : 10, triggerOffsetY : 10, triggerRadius : '50%' } }); }; e.appendChild(s);}());