* Studio East Gallery in Greenport has issued a call to artists for the second annual Tribute to 9/11, to be held Sept. 10 through Oct. 1. Artists are asked to submit works “depicting our great land and country and the family members, survivors and responders of 9/11,” according to a press release. Works may be dropped off Aug. 26 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Miller Place location or Aug. 27 from 3 to 5 p.m. and Aug. 28 from noon to 5 p.m. at the Greenport location.
In addition, the gallery is looking for donations of artwork or gift certificates to use in a Chinese auction during the Maritime Festival, Saturday, Sept. 25, from noon to 5 p.m. Donations may be dropped off at the gallery in Greenport by Sept. 18. Call 477-2676 for more information.
* ‘New Works’ by Eileen Dawn Skretch and Doug Reina will be on exhibit at South Street Gallery in Greenport, beginning with an opening reception Friday, Aug. 20, from 6 to 8 p.m., and will run through Sept. 20. Ms. Skretch was born and raised on the East End, and her oils on wood showcase the area’s vanishing open spaces. Oils by Mr. Reina, both on wood and on canvas, will also be featured.
* The Huntington Arts Council, the administrative site for the New York State Council on the Arts, is seeking applications from individuals and not-for-profit organizations for the 2011 Long Island Decentralization Grants for the Arts Program. Individuals with interest and experience in art and cultural disciplines in Nassau and Suffolk Counties are eligible to apply. Funding for projects will be awarded based on a comprehensive grant review process.
Applicants must attend a workshop in order to be eligible to apply for the grants. Workshops will be held at East End Arts Council in Riverhead, at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, and at Rogers Memorial Public Library in Southampton, at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8. For an application and more information, visit huntingtonarts.org. Deadline for applications is Oct. 15.
* The next Greenport Gallery Walk will be held Saturday, Aug. 21, from 6 to 9 p.m. For more information visit greenportgallerywalk.com.
* Greenport artist Carolyn Francis will be featured at the Local Artists Summer Series at Town and Country Real Estate in Southold Friday, Aug. 20, from 4 to 7 p.m.
* The Heckscher Museum of Art in Huntington will feature several North Fork artists at the ‘Long Island Biennial’ juried exhibition through Sept. 26. Local artists featured in the show include Alex Ferrone, Annie Wildey, Ellen Wiener and Gabriele Evertz.
* Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport will celebrate the end of its summer reading programs with a concert by Dune Grass Friday, Aug. 20, at 6 p.m. Guests are invited to bring blankets, families, picnic suppers and beach chairs to the library’s community garden for the concert.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.