A 44-year-old man from Wappingers Falls, N.Y. was arrested Sunday for felony DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation on Route 48 in Mattituck.
Agustin Rodriguez was reportedly found driving west in a 2010 Prius just after 1 p.m. following police response to a call about an erratic driver who matched his description. Police said that they determined that Mr. Rodriguez was intoxicated and that his license had been revoked for a previous DWI infraction. He was held overnight for arraignment.
* A Riverhead man was charged with felony DWI just before 7 p.m. on July 29, after police said that he drove his car into two mailboxes on Pequash Ave in Cutchogue. Stephen Lombardi, 43, was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident and refusal of a sobriety test. Police said they found him slumped over the steering wheel of his car with his keys in the ignition. He was held overnight for arraignment.
* A bicyclist from New Suffolk was hit by a vehicle driven by Lituma Hammerlen of Cutchogue as both drivers attempted to make a right turn from Route 25 onto Harbor Lane in Cutchogue Saturday afternoon. The bicyclist, 35-year-old Cathlean Corran, was taken to ELIH for observation. No charges were filed against the driver.
* A young bicyclist from Southold was hit by a car driven by Erick Miller, 32, of Middle Island while riding near the intersection of North Bayview Road and Oakwood Drive in Southold Friday afternoon. Police said that Garrison Bennett, 11, swerved into Mr. Miller’s lane of travel, striking the front of his car, shortly after 1 p.m. Garrison was taken to ELIH after he was treated for minor leg injuries by the Southold Fire Department. No charges were filed.
* A woman from Holbrook was arrested in Greenport on Saturday morning after police said they found her in possession of a pocketbook reported stolen by a Shelter Island woman. Elizabeth Burbige, 28, was charged with criminal possession of stolen property.
* Regino Cholula, 55, of Greenport was arrested for DWI just after 4 a.m. on Saturday, after police said they saw him drive quickly into the parking lot of a Greenport convenience store and fail to park in a designated space. He was held overnight for arraignment.
* Anita Pins, 61, of Rocky Point, was arrested for DWI after police said they saw her driving a convertible 1964 Corvette erratically on Route 25 in Cutchogue just after 7 a.m. on Sunday.
* A man who was in Veteran’s Memorial Park in Mattituck with a two-year-old girl Saturday morning was taken to ELIH suffering from an unknown medical condition, after police responded to a call from parents of another child playing at park who were concerned by his irrational behavior. The two-year-old helped police find the house where she was staying and neighbors notified her mother of the incident. The girl was taken to police headquarters and released into the custody of relatives.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.