* The Lyceum Gallery on the Eastern Campus of Suffolk County Community College in Riverhead will feature ‘MARK-IT!: Artists from the New York Foundation for the Arts Mark SSRq09 Professional Development Program.’ The exhibit, which features artists “with compelling artistic vision and a commitment to promoting their work,” includes work by JoAnne Dumas and Pat Patterson Hauck, both of Wading River It runs Sept. 13-Oct. 29, with a reception Thursday, Sept. 23, from 4 to 6 p.m.
* The September show at Studio East Gallery in Greenport features “Abstract Notion of Reality,” by Barbara Bilotta, works by Lance Corey and a ‘Second Annual Tribute to Sept. 11th’ with works by various artists. An opening reception is set for Saturday, Sept. 11, 6 to 9 p.m. The gallery will also hold a ‘Benefit for Families of 9/11’ on Saturday, Sept. 25, noon to 5 p.m., with music by The Barking Men and a chinese auction.
* ‘Quartet: A Blending of Visual Talents’ will be the featured show through Oct. 12 at deCordova Studio and Gallery. It includes work by Rosamaria Eisler, Gordon Gagliano, Alex Russo and Don Saco. An opening reception will take place Saturday, Sept. 11, 6 to 8 p.m.
* The reception for ‘Dreams of Water’ by Carol Gold, on display at the Southampton Town Hall, has been changed to Monday, Sept. 13, from 4 to 6 p.m.
* Due to weather, the opening reception for the East End Arts Council Show, ‘Scenes from a Book,’ has been rescheduled for Friday, Sept. 10, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the gallery in Riverhead.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.