Southold Police Report: Man arrested for assault, crack possesion

A 22-year-old Coram man was arrested after he hit another man in the face and fractured his cheekbone after a New Year’s Eve party and then was later found with crack on him, according to Southold police.

Paul Edward Parks III was arrested at hotel at Route 48 in Greenport early Saturday morning and charged with assault and criminal posession of a controlled substance after police interviewed the victim at the Eastern Long Island Hospital. The victim reported that Mr. Parks hit him several times in the face after the party, causing a fractured cheekbone and injuries to his mouth, according to police reports.

Police said that Mr. Parks was found to be in possession of crack cocaine after he was arrested and taken to headquarters.

• Maximilian Ramos, 41, of Greenport was charged with felony DWI after he reportedly ran three cars off the road, including a police car, and then was involved in a head-on collision while driving in the wrong direction on Route 25 in Greenport on the morning of Dec. 24, according to police reports.

In the head-on collision, Mr. Ramos’s car hit the car driven by Kevin Urban, 30, of Kissimmee, Florida. Mr. Urban was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center and Mr. Ramos was taken to ELIH by the Greenport Fire Department rescue squad, where a blood test revealed that he was driving while intoxicated, according to reports. He was released into police custody and held overnight for arraignment.

• Two police officers were injured while attempting to subdue an intoxicated Southold man who was creating a disturbance at the Greenport 7-Eleven on the evening of Dec. 26, according to police reports.

Corey A. Lieblein, 30, was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct after 7-Eleven employees complained that Mr. Lieblein, who was wearing no shoes in the store, said that he would not leave and was using abusive language. Police said that Mr. Lieblein continued to curse at patrons and at police officers when they arrived on the scene and that he struggled against the officers when he was placed under arrest.

• Gibson J. Campbell, 50, of Cutchogue was arrested for DWI and several traffic violations after police received a call that a black Volvo was driving erratically on Route 25 in Mattituck at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 23. Police located the Volvo and reported that Mr. Campbell, the driver, failed several roadside sobriety tests. Mr. Campbell was held overnight for arraignment.

• Robert Tellman Johnson, 60, of Cutchogue was charged with DWI after police arrived on the scene of an accident at the corner of Eugenes Road and Route 25 in Cutchogue at about 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 24. Police said that they received a complaint that there was a vehicle in the woods near the intersection, after which they found that Mr. Johnson had failed to negotiate to make a safe turn, had run off the road and hit a tree. He was treated at the scene by the Cutchogue Fire Department rescue squad members, who took him to ELIH. Mr. Johnson was later taken to police headquarters and held overnight for arraignment.

• Jane Pitts-Broderick, 57, of Cutchogue was charged with DWI shortly before 11:30 p.m. on Dec. 22 after she was stopped for a traffic violation at the intersection of Route 48 and Depot Lane in Cutchogue.

(function(){ var s = document.createElement('script'), e = ! document.body ? document.querySelector('head') : document.body; s.src = ''; s.async = true; s.onload = function(){ acsbJS.init({ statementLink : '', footerHtml : 'Web Accessibility Solution by The Suffolk Times', hideMobile : false, hideTrigger : false, language : 'en', position : 'left', leadColor : '#146ff8', triggerColor : '#146ff8', triggerRadius : '50%', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerIcon : 'people', triggerSize : 'medium', triggerOffsetX : 20, triggerOffsetY : 20, mobile : { triggerSize : 'small', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerOffsetX : 10, triggerOffsetY : 10, triggerRadius : '50%' } }); }; e.appendChild(s);}());