• Joseph Pufahl of Cutchogue has been appointed to the Eastern Long Island Hospital Board of Trustees. He is part of the executive leadership team at Adchem Corporation in Riverhead, where he guides the company’s marketing and business development efforts. Mr. Pufahl is a past president of the Mattituck Lions Club, a member of the Riverhead Rotary board, founder and board director of the Mattituck-Cutchogue Fund for Students, chairman of the North Fork Food and Wine Festival and co-director of the North Fork Foot Race and the Paumanok Triathlon. “Joe’s professional experience in business planning and product development will be invaluable to the board,” said ELIH president and CEO Paul Connor III.
• Eastern Long Island Hospital and Peconic Landing are hosting a series of independent for life discussions at Brecknock Hall on the Peconic Landing campus. The next session, on Monday, March 7, at 2 p.m., features ELIH pharmacist Ray Krupski speaking about What’s in your medicine cabinet? and Barbara Solow speaking about nutritional needs as you age.
• Audiologist Dr. Barbara Prestano from Peconic ENT will offer free hearing tests at Mattituck-Laurel Library on Friday, March 4, 1-3 p.m.
On Saturday, March 5, a new 10-week yoga program will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sessions will continue Saturday mornings through May 7. Bring a yoga mat or towel. The fee is $60 for district residents, $65 for others. Call 298-4134.
• Southold Town Human Services and Eastern Long Island Hospital, in connection with the Mental Health Association of Suffolk County, will host a program entitled What Is Elder Abuse? at Southold Town Senior Services on Pacific Street in Mattituck Friday, March 4, from 11 a.m. to noon. Transportation is available. Call 298-4460.
• San Simeon by the Sound Center for Nursing, Rehabilitation and Adult Day Health Care will host a Mardi Gras celebration with a chinese auction on Friday, March 4, 7-10 p.m. Tickets are $30 per person or $50 for a couple. Auction tickets are $3 each, four for $10 or 10 for $20. Call 477-2110, ext. 252, or e-mail [email protected]
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.