• Dr. Judy Ann Emanuele will conduct free skin cancer screenings at the Gladys Brooks Medical Village, on Atlantic Avenue near Eastern Long Island Hospital, on Thursday, June 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 477-5121.
• Dr. Barbara Prestano of Peconic ENT will conduct free hearing tests at Mattituck-Laurel Library on Friday, June 3, 1-3 p.m. Call 298-4134.
The library will also host low-impact dance aerobics with instructor Laurie Short on Mondays for eight weeks beginning Monday, June 6, 9-10 a.m. Bring a mat, a pair of 3- to 5-pound dumbbells and a water bottle. The cost for the series is $45 for residents and $45 for non-residents. Call 298-4134.
T’ai Chi practice sessions will be held on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. for eight weeks, beginning June 7. The series fee is $30 for residents and $35 for non-residents.
The library will host a free lifestyles discussion on nutrition made clear on Tuesday, June 14, at 4 p.m.
Zumba classes begin Wednesday, June 15, 6-7 p.m. and run for 10 weeks through Aug. 17. The cost for the series is $80 for residents and $85 for non-residents. Individual classes are $10 each.
• A better hearing seminar is being offered by Peconic Ear, Nose & Throat personnel at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library on Monday, June 6, at 3 p.m. Free hearing screenings will be conducted at 2 p.m. that day. Call 734-6360.
The library will host a free Zumba class on Monday, June 13, at 6:30 p.m.
• Southold Town Senior Services and Eastern Long Island Hospital, under a grant from the New York State Office of Mental Health and in conjunction with Long Island Home, presents a discussion on mental health and aging: fact or fiction at the Human Resources Center in Mattituck on Friday, June 3, 11 a.m. to noon. Call 298-4460.
• In May, San Simeon by the Sound Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation celebrated the first anniversary of its adult day care program, which serves an average of 12 people per week. The program, conceived by San Simeon executive director Priscilla DeMasi, was launched with a construction grant of $3.1 million and local contributions in the same amount.
Registrants receive case management coordinated with their personal physicians. The program offers a wide spectrum of services, including nutritional counseling, social services, podiatry, dentistry, optometry, audiology and physical and occupational therapy as well as recreational activities.
• The North Fork Women for Women Fund is sponsoring an introductory pilates class at Congregation Tifereth Israel on Fourth Street in Greenport on Sunday, June 5, 11 a.m.-noon. Call 477-8464.
• Eastern Long Island Hospital’s annual Golf Classic will be held at Gardiner’s Bay Country Club on Shelter Island on Wednesday, June 8. To register or get information about event sponsorship, visit elih.org.
The Southold West branch of the hospital’s auxiliary is hosting Beatle Music and Burgers night, featuring the Liverpool Shuffle, at the Southold American Legion Post on Saturday, June 11, 6 p.m. Tickets are $40 each and will include a glass of beer or wine and either gourmet burgers or chicken kabobs with salad and dessert. Call 765-2206.
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.