• Dr. Judy Ann Emanuele will conduct free skin cancer screenings at the Gladys Brooks Medical Village, on Atlantic Avenue near Eastern Long Island Hospital, on Thursday, June 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 477-5121.
• The New Suffolk Waterfront Fund will host yoga sessions every Saturday in June, July and August at the Galley Ho building beginning at 8:15 a.m. Bring a yoga mat. Call Gary at 917-861-3014 or email [email protected]
• Mattituck-Laurel Library will host a free lifestyles discussion on nutrition made clear on Tuesday, June 14, at 4 p.m.
Zumba classes begin Wednesday, June 15, 6-7 p.m. and run for 10 weeks through Aug. 17. The cost for the series is $80 for residents and $85 for non-residents. Individual classes are $10 each.
• Cutchogue New Suffolk Library will host a free Zumba class on Monday, June 13, at 6:30 p.m.
• The Southold West branch of Eastern Long Island Hospital’s auxiliary is hosting Beatle Music and Burgers night, featuring the Liverpool Shuffle, at the Southold American Legion Post on Saturday, June 11, 6 p.m. Tickets are $40 each and will include a glass of beer or wine and either gourmet burgers or chicken kabobs with salad and dessert. Call 765-2206.
• Meredith Higgins of Greenport has been named Peconic Landing’s Employee of the Month for June. Ms. Higgins joined the staff as a part-time member of the dining services division working evenings and weekends. Then she transitioned into the housekeeping department and later became an assistant at The Shores, handling scheduling, payroll and a variety of other responsibilities.
Today she is the front desk manager and “clearly demonstrates grace under pressure,” according to Patricia Lutzky, the organization’s vice president of resident services. Her job involves supervising eight receptionists and seven drivers. Before coming to Peconic Landing, Ms. Higgins and her family lived in the Boston area, and she worked as a staffing specialist for TAC Staffing Services and a reservations and sales coordinator and hospitality trainer for the Sheraton organization.
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.