• The New Suffolk Waterfront Fund will host North Fork by North Fork, an art show curated by Kate Altman, at the historic Galley Ho building in New Suffolk. The show features work by North Fork artists, and can be seen between noon and 9 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August. A percentage of sales will benefit the NSWF.
An opening is set for Saturday, Aug. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, will bring “Art, Strings & Wine,” featuring music by local musicians, from 7 to 9 p.m. The show’s final weekend will feature “Art, Oysters & Champagne,” with local oysters and champagne, Saturday, Aug. 27, from 7 to 9.
Visit newsuffolkwaterfront.org or call 603-8456.
• Gwen Fuller of Riverhead has receive the Maurice Flecker Scholarship from the Suffolk County Community College department of arts and sciences at the Ammerman campus. She is among the winners of the Spring 2011 Student Exhibition scholarships and awards, for which students submitted work in a wide variety of media to be judged by SCCC art faculty.
• “Sky/Bay,” paintings by Ronny Duffy Wolfrom, will be on display in Mattituck-Laurel Library’s downstairs gallery during August. The acrylic works depict the beauty of the sunset (sky) and children on the beach (bay). A giclee print of “Bayside” by the artist will be raffled off to benefit the Friends of the Library.
• Work by Arden Scott of Greenport is included in “Art Encounters Preservation” at the Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion State Historic Site in Portsmouth, N.H. The show opens with an artist reception on Saturday, July 30, and continues through Oct. 15. Visit artencounterpreservation.org.
• Photographs of the East End by Diane Woodcheke will be exhibited during August at Peconic Bay Winery in Cutchogue.
• Call for artists: Studio East Gallery in Greenport seeks entries for ‘Small Works Take II’ show, which will feature works no larger than 16 by 20 inches, including frame. Submissions will be accepted Friday, Aug. 5, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, Aug. 6, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., for the show that will run from Aug. 6 to Sept. 3. A reception is set for Saturday, Aug. 13, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Wendy Prellwitz, Yvonne Puffer and Meryl Spiegel will give an artists’ talk at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, at Art Sites in Riverhead. Their work is on view at the gallery through Aug. 7.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.