Looking for something local to do this weekend? The Suffolk Times weekend guide has got you covered. Check out our listing of this weekend’s happenings. Or, you could visit our weekly calendar, listed under the community tab on our homepage.
• A Fine Romance, an evening of love songs sung by Lauren Sisson with piano accompaniment by Patricia Feiler, will be held at 7 p.m. at Mattituck-Laurel Library, Main Road in Mattituck. The event is free. Call 298-4134 for more information.
• The Southold Fire Department will host its 125th anniversary celebration at 10 a.m. Saturday. There will be antique apparatus viewing in the Main Road firehouse. The parade will lineup at 2 p.m. and kickoff at 3 p.m. at Ackerly Pond Lane. There will be a street dance under a tent with DJ music at 5 p.m., and live music by That 70s Band and Absolute Entertainment, from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. Call 765-6907 or 765-2711 for more information.
• Hallockville Museum Farm will host its 31st annual Fall Festival and Craft Show Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Sound Avenue farm. There will be over 50 vendors of handmade crafts, tractor pulls, antique automobile displays, food, live music, hayrides, tours of historic buildings, and children’s games. Local artisans will demonstrate traditional crafts such as basket weaving, woodcarving, and spinning, on-site farmers market provides local produce and wine for sale. The East End Livestock and Horsemen’s Association will also have a animal display. Adults are $7, seniors/children under 12 are $5 and a family of 4 is $18. Rain or shine. The event is a fundraiser for the museum farm and its educational programming and mission. Call 298-5292 for more information or email [email protected]
• Long Ireland Brewery will celebrate its grand opening with a Half-way to St. Patricks Day Celebration Saturday from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the Pulaski Street brewery in Riverhead. There will be live music From Bangers & Mash! Bagpipes, Roller Derby Players & food available from Mapletree Barbeque. Call 403-4303 for more information.
• The 14th Annual Riverhead Snapper Tournament will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 99 McDermott Ave., Riverhead, along Town Dock. Registration begins at 10 a.m. The event is to benefit the Riverhead Summer Scholarship Program. Adult and Junior (under 16) divisions. A Chinese auction will follow, with prizes donated by local businesses/individuals. For more information visit adventuresinfishing.com, call 727-5744 or email [email protected]
• Rockin’ for the Homeless Summer Fest will be held 10 a.m-4 p.m. Saturday at Community Christian Fellowship Church on Wickham Avenue in Mattituck. The event benefits John’s Place Homeless Outreach in Mattituck. There will be live music by The Front, vendors, food, games for kids, prizes, horse and buggy rides. Tickets are $5, at Mattituck Presbyterian Church, Barth’s Pharmacy in Riverhead and Mattituck. Call 298-4145 for more details.
• Suffolk County Historical Society will host its 4th annual Let’s Make History: Half-Century Bicycle Ride (rain or shine) at 8:30 am Sunday. Riders have two round-trip route options of either 50 miles (half century) or 25 miles. Both offer riders scenic routes along Long Island’s North Fork, through farms, vineyards and quaint villages. Food and beverages will be provided at all stops. Free commemorative ride T-shirts will be given to the first 200 registrants. All proceeds will benefit SCHS. Registration is $30 advance or $35 day of event (cash only). Riders will meet at the municipal parking lot at intersection of Osborn Avenue and Court Street in downtown Riverhead, directly behind SCHS building. Children under 15 ride free. Riders under 18 must be with an adult. Call 727-2881, ext. 104 or email [email protected] for more info.