• The Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival is hosting a pre-festival screening of its documentary film ‘Under Our Skin,’ which deals with Lyme disease, on Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 7 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. The cost is $10, payable at the door. Call Arlene Hinkemeyer at 324-6713.
• Eastern Long Island Hospital will offer flu shots to adults 19 and over by appointment only on Wednesday, Oct. 19. There’s a $25 fee and Medicare and Medicaid are accepted. Call 477- 5121 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment.
• McGuire’s Hearing Services, with local offices in Greenport and Riverhead, will contribute to the North Fork Breast Health Coalition during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, by donating a portion of the proceeds from its sales of hearing devices during the month. McGuire’s did the same in 2010, but according to owner David Carr, this year’s effort is particularly significant because it is dedicated to the memory of a staff member who died of the disease several months ago.
• Cutchogue New Suffolk Library will offer Zumba Gold at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays, Oct. 19-Dec. 28, with no class on Nov. 23. The program is designed for mature participants or those just beginning an exercise lifestyle. The fee is $60 for 10 sessions. Call 734-6360.
• Mattituck-Laurel Library will host yoga sessions on Saturdays at 8:30 a.m., beginning Oct. 15. The cost for the 10-week program is $60 for people in the district and $65 for others.
The library will also host individual free health insurance counseling on Tuesday, Oct. 18, between 1:30 and 3 p.m. with a representative of the Suffolk County Office for the Aging. Call 298-4134.
To send Health Beat news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.