Dora Elida Mendez Lopez of Fredericksburg, Va, was driving west on Route 25 in Southold just before 1 a.m. on Oct. 20, when she failed to negotiate the turn at Main Bayview Road and drove into the Empire Gas Station at the intersection, according to police reports.
A gas pump and a guard rail were damaged in the accident.
• Two Peconic Landing residents reported jewelry thefts in their residences on Oct. 19. Both thefts were believed to have taken place between July 19 and Oct. 19, according to police reports. One woman reported a gold wedding ring, necklace, two bracelets and a diamond ring missing. The second victim reported a gold watch case, choker, chain, three rings, two pairs of earrings and a silver diamond ring missing. Police detectives are investigating.
• Someone reportedly broke two windows at the front of the Railroad Museum of Long Island on Fourth Street in Greenport sometime on Oct. 18 and set off a fire extinguisher in one of the train displays. Detectives are investigating.
• A Front Street, Greenport, resident reported on Oct. 18 that someone stole $1,200, several bracelets, rings and necklaces, an iPod and an iPod Nano from the residence sometime between 9 a.m. and 11:54 p.m. on that day. Detectives are investigating.
• A Route 48, Greenport, resident reported that two computers, a gold charm bracelet, three diamond rings, $500 cash, a Nike gym bag and an iPod Touch were stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. on Oct. 17. Police believe the thief entered through a front window, according to reports. There are no known suspects.
• A West Street, Greenport, resident reported on Oct. 17 that someone scratched the tailgate and rear quarter panel of her Lincoln Navigator while it was parked overnight at her house. The victim told police she believes the damage might have been caused by the ex-wife and daughter of her boyfriend.
<em>Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.</em>