Looking for something local to do this weekend? The Suffolk Times weekend guide has got you covered. Check out our listing of this weekend’s happenings. Or, you could visit our weekly calendar under the community tab on our homepage.
• One of the most famous Riverhead events (if not THE most famous) will be held downtown this weekend. The 36th annual Riverhead Country Fair takes place from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Sunday. The fair will feature live entertainment, vendors, farm animals, pony rides, agriculture, homemaking and needlecraft competitions, vegetable-decorating contest, food and local produce, carnival rides and midway, folk music and arts, garden and pedal tractor pulls, “meet the authors” — just to name a few of the attractions. Admission is free. Visit riverheadcountryfair.com for more information.
• The 4th annual Corcoran Cares for CAST 5K Run/Walk will be held in Greenport Saturday. Registration is from 8 a.m. until 9 a.m. and the race begins at 9:30 a.m. at Fifth Street beach. Fees: $20 preregistration/$25 day of race. It’s a flat and fast run through Greenport Village. Call 477-1717 for more information. Proceeds benefit Community Action Southold Town.
• Aquebogue School will hold its 20th annual Fall Craft Fair & Chinese Auction at the Main Road elementary school from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday. The event, hosted by Aquebogue PTO, will be held rain or shine. There will be handcrafted items, baked goods and food, Chinese auction, baskets galore, 50/50 raffle, Aquebogue apparel, with special performances by Riverhead PAL cheerleaders and Riverhead Polish Dancers. Call 998-3043 for more information.
• The Horse & Scarecrow Festival will be held at Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead Saturday. The riderless horse show starts at 10 a.m. with a shooting competition at 1 p.m. There will also be a scarecrow exhibit, storytelling, pony rides, food, vendors. Proceeds benefit IRIE Therapeutic Riding and East End Livestock and Horseman’s Association Rescue Fund. 298-5292, hallockville.com.
• Oysterponds Historical Society’s annual Fall Art Exhibition & Sale will be held in Swanson Gallery at Old Point Schoolhouse on Village Lane in Orient Saturday. The event runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m and features works by North Fork artists in variety of media including paintings, drawings, photographs, sculpture and more. Call 323-2480 for more information.