• Detectives are looking for the perpetrator of a burglary at a Southold residence and the theft of a bottle of Patron tequila, according to police. Police said that on Monday evening, June 18, a Hispanic male wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and jeans was seen at the rear door of the residence and, when confronted, said he had been painting there and left on his bicycle. An investigation showed the house had been broken into and the bottle of tequila stolen, police said.
• An investigation is pending over jewelry missing from a Mattituck residence, according to police. On June 23, the resident reported that four gold rings went missing from his jewelry box between May 23 and June 23, though he was unsure whether they had been stolen, taken by someone he knew or whether he had misplaced the items himself. The resident said he would report back after checking for the rings at his New York City residence, according to the report. Detectives have been notified.
• A Mattituck woman had her cargo bag, containing a small quantity of cash and two credit cards, stolen from her shopping cart in the parking lot of a Greenport Village supermarket on June 19, police said. The woman was advised to cancel her cards, according to the report. Detectives have been notified and investigation into the federal larceny is ongoing, police said.
• A Southold woman reported June 19 that someone rummaged through three rooms and the bathroom of her Southold residence, according to police. No property appeared missing, though items had reportedly been moved and looked through, police said. There were no signs of forced entry and the doors were locked during the time the criminal trespass occurred, police said. The resident requested extra patrols of the area.
• A search is ongoing for the perpetrator who stole a blue Giant mountain bike that was left unlocked at Mattituck High School on June 20, police said. The bike is valued at $150.
• A Mattituck woman who left her white 2000 Infiniti G20 unlocked at her residence reported the theft of her black Guess wallet from the vehicle on June 20, police said. The woman’s wallet, valued at $20, contained a New York driver’s license, $20 in cash and two insurance cards, according to the report.
• The investigation of a Southold boat fire is ongoing, according to police, after a white and black 2001 Grady-White Marlin was observed with black smoke pouring from its cabin on the evening of June 20. Southold Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire, though they could not determine its cause, police said. Detectives responded, along with the Suffolk County Arson Squad, and the owner has been notified, police said.
• Two center caps on the front rims of a green 2000 Dodge Dakota pickup were stolen from the vehicle while it was parked at Southold Town Hall on June 21, according to police.
• The perpetrators who reportedly kicked in two railing bannisters and stole a ceramic flowerpot, valued at $45, at an Orient residence between June 19 and 21 face criminal trespassing, larceny and criminal mischief charges according to police. Detectives have been notified.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.