• The next discussion in the Senior Wellness Education Series, ‘Coping Skills: Managing Stress and Your Emotions,’ will take place Friday, March 6, from 11 a.m. to noon at the town senior center at 750 Pacific St. in Mattituck. Older adults, their family, friends and caregivers are welcome. Call 298-4460 for information or to arrange transportation. This ongoing series is presented by Southold Town Human Services and Eastern Long Island Hospital.
• The Suffolk County Department of Health’s smoking cessation program, ‘Learn to Be … Tobacco Free,’ will be offered at Peconic Bay Medical Center on Thursdays at 6 p.m. March 5 through April 30. The program is free; sessions meet in the Resource Room off the hospital’s front lobby. To register, call 631-548-6080.
• Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead will host an epilepsy support group Monday, March 9, from 7 to 8 p.m. in the resource room off the front lobby. The group provides encouragement, acceptance, comfort and empowerment. Patients, friends and family are all welcome. For information, or to recommend a speaker, contact Charlie Petersen at [email protected] or 728-2804.
• The Mattituck Fire Department and Mattituck Lions Club will jointly sponsor a blood and eyeglass drive at the Pike Street firehouse Saturday, March 14, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Those between 16 (with parental permission) and 76 who weigh at least 110 pounds and have not received a tattoo in the last 12 months are eligible to donate. Walk-ins welcome. Please bring valid ID and Social Security number. For information or to schedule an appointment, call Rob Nine (516-644-6143) or Jim Murphy (631-300-5520).
• The North Fork Women’s Resource Center is offering yoga classes with Rosemary Tuesdays and Fridays at 9 a.m. The center is located above Capital One Bank in Cutchogue. Call 631-604-0107 for more information.
• Weekly Al-Anon meetings take place on the North Fork on the following schedule: Monday at 7 p.m. and Tuesday at noon at Cutchogue Presbyterian Church; Wednesday at 7 p.m. at First Universalist Church, Southold; and Thursday at 7 p.m. (open adult child meeting) at Church of the Redeemer, Mattituck.
To send Health Beat news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.