• “Message on a Bottle,” an exhibit of sketches by East Hampton artist Scott Bluedorn, will open with a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, May 16, at Greenport Harbor Brewing Company’s Greenport location.
Several of Mr. Bluedorn’s surreal sketches have been used as labels for the brewery’s recently released bottles. The show, which will also include other, unrelated work, will run through July 20.
• ‘Artists, Curators and Critics: A Conversation’ will be presented at 3 p.m. Saturday, May 16, at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport.
Artists Ted Victoria and Andrea Cote will lead the discussion and will be joined by Amei Wallach, art critic and fi lmmaker; Joyce Beckenstein, art critic and writer; and Andrea Grover, curator at Parrish Art Museum.
• An artists’ reception for photographer Katherine Liepe-Levinson of Riverhead and stained-glass artist Maria Daddino of East Quogue will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. The show is a joint effort between Jamesport Manor Inn and East End Arts. The exhibit will continue through July 29.
• A reception for ‘Figures and Portraits,’ a collection of paintings, sketches, monoprints and bas relief by 22 artists, will be held Friday, May 15, from 4 to 5:30 p.m., at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library. The show will be on view during May and June.
• Artwork by Riverhead School District students will be on display during the annual Art in Action event between 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, May 15, at the high school. The show, in memory of RHS art teacher Vinny Nasta, will feature work by students in grades K-12.
• Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild of Cutchogue will hold its annual open house art exhibit and sale Saturday and Sunday, May 16 and 17. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/ Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.