Art Beat: Small works sought for benefit
• A cocktail reception for artist Candace Eaton will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17, at Castello di Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. Ms. Eaton’s “Jazz and Horse” series will be on view at the winery through Jan. 7.
• Call for artists: Work is sought for the ninth annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council. The exhibit will be presented by The South Street Gallery in Greenport, where boards of cradled birch plywood are available. Artists may submit up to three pieces. The first board is free; two additional boards may be purchased for $7 each.
Artwork must be submitted to the gallery by Nov. 22. A preview will be held from noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4; the sale will start at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5.
Each piece will be sold for $100, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC.
Call 477-0021 or visit thesouthstreetgallery.com/exhibitions.
• An artist’s reception for Cathy Campbell will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16, at Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue.
According to a press release, Ms. Campbell’s watercolors are “influenced by the beauty that surrounds her every day while living on the East End.”
• An artist showcase featuring oil pastel and watercolor paintings by Daniel Dubinsky will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 18, at Macari Vineyard’s Mattituck tasting room.
• Cellist Andrew Smith and pianist Alfredo Oyaguez Montero will give a concert of music by Spanish composers at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 19, at Poquatuck Hall in Orient. A reception will follow.
Admission is $20 (children, free). Call 323-1378.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times Review News Group, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952, ATTN: Lauren Sisson.