Jeanine Velazquez, 40, of Shelter Island was arrested on the North Ferry Line in Greenport on Sunday around 5:20 p.m., for driving while ability impaired by drugs, according to Southold Town Police.
• Richard Jones, 39, of Mastic was arrested last Tuesday for violating an order of protection, a misdemeanor, while on Route 25 in East Marion around 3 a.m., police said.
• A Greenport woman called the police last Thursday when she discovered a broken window at her residence and what appeared to be blood near the window, police said. Nothing was believed to be stolen, the report states.
• A Southold woman reported finding an open window and a screen removed from her house last Thursday around 12:30 p.m., and when officers responded they found the bedroom to have been ransacked and it appeared someone had slept in the bed, according to Southold Town Police.
• A Hampton Bays woman said that someone keyed the entire driver’s side of her car while it was parked on Pike Street in Mattituck last Tuesday around 1:30 p.m.
• A Greenport man called police when he observed a man attempting to gain access to his residence by opening a window last Tuesday, officials said. When he confronted the subject, he said, “You know me, I’m the Hispanic guy. I’m just looking for some place to sleep,” the report said.
The subject fled after police were called and was described as a Hispanic male carrying a blanket, police said.
• Last Monday, a Greenport woman reported her daughter’s skateboard stolen while at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport around 4:40 p.m., police said. It was valued at $120.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.