A Mattituck man driving on Sound Avenue near Mill Lane in Mattituck was stopped for speeding last Sunday around 4:11 a.m., according to Southold Town police. Max Padula, 25, was found to be intoxicated and refused to take a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, the report states.
• Eva Kelly, 36, of Mastic Beach was arrested for driving with a suspended license and with an expired inspection last Thursday around 8:47 a.m. in Cutchogue, police said.
• An illegal bonfire was reported on 67 Steps Beach in Greenport last Tuesday around midnight, police said. When an officer arrived at the scene, the fire was smoldering with empty beer cans surrounding it, but no subjects were found.
• A Greenport man was issued an appearance ticket last Thursday around 8 p.m. for drinking an alcoholic beverage in a public place in the Adams Street parking lot in Greenport Village, police said.
• A Greenport woman said an unknown person stole multiple items from her apartment in Peconic Landing on Friday around 3 p.m., including two crosses, a pearl necklace and her cellphone, police said.
• A Southold couple reported a group of people entering their property without permission, jumping into their pool and then throwing their outdoor furniture into the pool on Saturday around noon and they also have the incident on surveillance video, police said.
• A Southold man said Monday that unknown people threw eggs at two school buses over the weekend at Southold High School, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.