Greenport will be transported back in time beginning this weekend.
“Snapshot,” an East End Seaport Museum exhibit featuring photos and memorabilia on loan from the public and focusing on the Peconic bays in the 1950s and ’60s will be open to the public beginning Saturday, May 25, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
After a winter season that produced below-average snow totals, the highway departments in both Riverhead and Southold saved money on snow removal costs. But the highway superintendents aren’t celebrating just yet.
A group called the North Fork Unity Action Committee is part of a statewide coalition that is trying to muster support for a bill in the state Legislature that would give undocumented immigrants the right to have driver’s licenses.
But both of the North Fork’s state legislators say they are opposed to the proposal.
Before it was Goldin Furniture, the huge Queen Anne-style building at the corner of Main Street and Central Avenue in Greenport was known as the Greenport Auditorium. It was built in 1894 as a theater for arts and entertainment.
You may have noticed that ground has been broken on Vineyard View, the planned 50-unit affordable apartment complex on the south side of Route 48, just east of San Simeon by the Sound, in the unincorporated section of Greenport.
The Greenport Village Board appointed some new members to its Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals and also discussed some of its priorities for the coming fiscal year during its organizational meeting last Thursday at the Old Schoolhouse. READ