04/29/15 12:58pm
04/29/2015 12:58 PM
Victor Colon Jr. was one of three residents that escape the early morning house fire. (Credit: Cyndi Murray)

A Kaplan Avenue home was destroyed by fire in February. The demolition was delayed because of an asbestos test requirement. (Credit: Cyndi Murray, file)

Village officials are looking to add asbestos testing requirements for demolition permits following an application submitted by a resident whose home burned down in February.

During the Village Board’s meeting last Thursday night, Peggy Richards, who escaped the fire with two other people, fought back tears as she claimed the village was targeting her with selective enforcement. (more…)