• Winners in the holiday storefront decorating contest sponsored by the East End Arts Council were announced at the Dec. 28 Riverhead Town Board meeting. The results: Riverhead Middle School Science Club, first; East End Hospice, second; East Quogue Brownie Troop 1442, third; and JJAM, led by Nancy Morrow, fourth.
• A Fiber Arts Workshop Series will be hosted by Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead this winter and spring. The series offers classes in knitting with Judy Barth (Mondays, Jan. 17, 24 and 31); spinning with Donna Trunk (Tuesdays, Jan. 18-Feb. 15); basket weaving with Barbara Chuvalas (Tuesdays, Feb. 10-24); and weaving with Donna Trunk (Tuesdays, March 8-April 12). Call 298-5292 or e-mail [email protected] for details.
• Work by Calverton photographer Chris Paparo is on exhibit this month at the Solarium Gallery at the Knox School in Saint James, with an opening reception set for 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14. Mr. Paparo is the senior aquarist at Atlantis Marine World in Riverhead. His exhibit, “Under the Waves,” will be on view through Jan. 28.
• Winning entries in the 2010 Downtown Riverhead Summer Photo Contest are on display at Riverhead Town Hall through March. The contest, which ran July 1-Aug. 13, was sponsored by the East End Arts Council, Riverhead Town and Riverhead Rotary Club, and organized by Nancy Swett, founder of iloverriverhead.com. The top finishers include Kaitlyn Ferris, Jo Vega, Catherine O’Rourke, Fidza Hamden, Jason Yeager, Raphael Bieber, Rachel Eager and Diane Woodcheke.
• A solo art show by Patricia Feiler of Mattituck is on view through Feb. 3 at Quogue Library’s art gallery. The show’s title is “East End All Seasons.”
• “Miniatures,” the East End Arts Council’s Members’ Show, will open with a reception Friday, Jan. 14, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the EEAC Gallery, with a special musical performance by EEAC School of the Arts students. The nonjuried show will run through Feb. 25.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.