* Mattituck Presbyterian Church will host free health screenings open to all East End residents at the social hall on Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. No insurance is necessary. Patients will receive diabetes, blood pressure, dental and vision screenings and general health and wellness information will be available. Call 298-4145.
* Individual health insurance counseling sessions with a representative from the Suffolk County Office for the Aging will be available for seniors and other Medicare-eligible people on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 1:30-3 p.m., at Mattituck-Laurel Library .
* Jamieson Chiropractic at 115 Third St., Greenport, is offering free spinal screenings during August. Call Cilla Jamieson at 561-9906.
* Eastern Long Island Hospital’s North Fork Bounty Gala, to be held Saturday, Aug. 14, at the Cutchogue home of Luba and Louis Corso, is expected to sell out. But a few tickets might still be had for $175 each. And sponsorship opportunities for the gala are still available, starting at $200. Raffle tickets are also available at $60 each or two for $100, with prizes including Broadway and Major League Baseball tickets, jewelry and gift certificates for gourmet restaurants. You need not be present to win. The evening will also include a live auction and an as-yet-unidentified celebrity guest. Call 477-5164.
Tickets for the hospital’s Dream Green Extravaganza raffle are on sale, with winners to be named at the Greenport Maritime Festival in September. The grand prize is $50,000. Tickets are $100 each. Call 477-5463.
* August is National Immunization Month and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention want to remind people to be sure they’re up to date with tetanus/diphtheria/ pertussis, pneumococcus, human papillomavirus and influenza shots. Immunizations have eradicated smallpox, eliminated wild polio virus in the United States and reduced the number of cases of measles, diphtheria, rubella, pertussis and other life-threatening diseases, the CDC statement said.