• ‘The Natural Beauty of Plum Island: Sea, Seals, Sunsets and More,’ an exhibit of photographs and paintings, will be on view at Southold Historical Society’s Cosden-Price Gallery in downtown Southold from May 9 to 30. A related exhibit will run from May 5 to June 15 at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport.
The show features photographs by Bob Lorenz of Old Saybrook, Conn., and New York City and paintings by John Sargent of Waterford, Conn. The two met on a 2013 trip to the island and were given permission to work at different locations on the island over the course of many trips.
The historical society will host an opening reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, May 8. Call 765-5500 or 765-8821.
A reception will be held at the library from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 9. Call 477-0660.
• Photography by Katherine Liepe-Levinson of Riverhead and stained-glass works by Maria Daddino of East Quogue will be shown May 1 to July 29 at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. The show is a joint effort between Jamesport Manor Inn and East End Arts.
A reception for the artists will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 17.
Ms. Liepe-Levinson is showing her “Pond Series,” for which all the photographs were taken at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge.
According to a press release, Ms. Daddino’s panels are inspired by her love of nature.
• Work by 10 regional artists will be featured in ‘Spring Into Collecting’ at the Alex Ferrone Photography Gallery in Cutchogue. The photographers include Carolyn Conrad, Rich Faron, Scott Farrell, Ms. Ferrone, Ray Germann, Nijole Kudirka, Katharine Liepe-Levinson, Harold Naideau, Jim Sabiston and Steven Schreiber.
An artists’ reception is set for Saturday, May 9, from 6 to 8 p.m.
• An exhibit of ‘Figures and Portraits’ will be shown during May and June at Cutchogue New Suffolk Library. The show is a collection of paintings, sketches, monoprints and bas relief by 20 artists. The artists whose work is included are Adelaide Amend, Mimi Ashton, Charlotte Droeger, Garance, Ellen Goldstein, Dalia Gorman, Lee Harned, Toni Janecki, Bob Kuhne, Gary Long, Evelyn Lucas, Ann McCaughey, Marla Milne, Linda Nemeth, Elisabeth Nehls, Saul Rosenstreich, Jada Rowland, Diane Alec Smith, Bernie Springsteel, Glenn Smith and Don Wilson.
• Gina Gilmour of Mattituck is Mattituck-Laurel Library’s featured artist during May. Her paintings and sculptures will be on display in the downstairs gallery.
• The Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue has extended its exhibit and sale ‘Historical Art Collection of the North Fork’ through Saturday and Sunday, May 2 and 3. The show includes work by Angela Raso, Joseph Beckwith Hartranft, Larry Waitz, Helen Kroeger, Dorothy Whitehead, Jay Throne, Gertrude Ali, Laura McBride, Stow Wengenroth and Whitney Hubbard.
Exhibit hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.