Two Southold women were arrested following a New York State Police underage drinking operation on the North Fork Tuesday, according to a press release.
State Police based out of Riverside conducted checks at 10 stores and two were not in compliance.
A clerk at Peconic Liquors in Cutchogue, 52-year-old Elizabeth Weiss, was charged with unlawful dealing with a child and prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage, police said. A clerk at Wine Maker Studios in Peconic, 34-year-old Sarah Nappa, faces the same charges, police said.
Both women were issued an appearance ticket to Southold Town Court at a later date.
The following establishments passed their checks:
- Empire Mini-Mart in Laurel
- La Tienda in Mattituck
- The Handy Pantry in Mattituck
- 7-11 in Mattituck
- J. Shields Fine Wines & Spirits in Mattituck
- At Your Service Beverage & Supplies in Mattituck
- Valero Food Mart in Cutchogue
- 7-11 in Southold