• Call for artists: Mattituck Presbyterian Church seeks artists to participate in its first-ever East End Emerging Artisan Fair on Saturday, Oct. 17.
Organizers are especially looking for “artists who have been quietly creating their art” and looking for an outlet to sell their work, according to an event flyer. Work may include paintings, sculpture, photography, furniture, home decor, pottery, textiles, baskets, clothing, jewelry, locally produced food products, plants and flowers and more.
Registration is open through Wednesday, Oct. 14. The artist fee is $10. Artists may keep all their profits.
Register or get more information at mattpres.com under Events.
• ‘Barns of the North Fork,’ a group show by local artists, will open with a reception Friday, Sept. 18, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at Southold Historical Society’s Cosden-Price Gallery. The show will continue through Oct. 3.
The featured artists, who study with Cutchogue artist Diane Alec-Smith, are Ginny Blank, Beverly Cierach, Lee Cleary, Mary Epperlein, Chrisiti Ferrera, Tracy Flynn, Pat Foley, Janine Harrigan, Diane Parkin, Karen Rich, Evelyn Turchiano, Don Wilson, Marion Wipf and Heather Worthington. Ms. Alec-Smith’s work is also included.
• A reception will be held today, Thursday, Sept. 17, for an exhibit of oil paintings by Richard Mizdal of Greenport, on view through Oct. 24 at Suffolk County Community College’s Lyceum Gallery in Riverhead. His exhibit is titled “Reality Check.” The reception will run from 4 to 6 p.m.
Mr. Mizdal has been an adjunct instructor of fine arts and analog photography at SCCC for nine years, and has taught digital photographic imagining there for 13 years.
• East End Arts will offer a free printmaking demonstration workshop from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, at East End Arts School in Riverhead. The instructors, Dawn Daisley and Andrea Cote, will show methods such as monoprints, relief printing and etching. Both teach at East End Arts.
Register in advance by calling 631-727-0900 or emailing email@example.com.
• Call for singers: East End Arts invites singers from the community to join this year’s Harvest Gospel Choir. The group will present three concerts in November at East End churches.
Rehearsals will be held at 6 p.m. Saturdays, Oct. 17, 24 and 31 and Nov. 7 and 14 at Friendship Baptist Church in Flanders. Performances are scheduled for Nov. 19, 20 and 21 in Mattituck, Southampton and Flanders, respectively.
Maryanne McElroy will direct for her 29th year.
Singers may register at the first rehearsal; there are no auditions.
• Call for artists: Work is sought for East End Arts’ Holiday Gift Boutique, which will be open Nov. 14 to Dec. 23 in the EEA gallery.
Artists may submit handmade ornaments, greeting cards, jewelry and wearables, ceramics and giftware. The deadline for the online application is Thursday, Oct. 22; those accepted must become East End Arts members to participate.
Go to Events at eastendarts.org for the application and information or contact gallery director Jane Kirkwood at 631-727-0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To send arts news, email email@example.com, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times Review News Group, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952, ATTN: Lauren Sisson.