Braun Oyster building catches fire

06/05/2010 12:00 AM |

Firemen extinguish the blaze at the Braun Oyster Company building Saturday night.

About 50 firefighters responded to a smoldering fire at the Braun Oyster Company building in Cutchogue Saturday night, according to the Cutchogue Fire Department.
The fire, isolated in an interior wall, was reported shortly after 8 p.m. and was quickly extinguished.
Cutchogue Fire Chief Andrew McCaffery said there were no injuries reported and no significant damage caused to the interior of the building in an e-mailed press advisory Saturday.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
The Braun Oyster Company was open for business at its normal time Sunday.